Gain further insights into your Flipbook visitors by integrating Google Analytics with iPaper.
If you use Google Analytics to track user behavior on your website, you might also want to gain similar insights into your iPaper Flipbooks.
As mentioned above this guide assumes you have a Google Analytics account and that you have at least heard of properties, views and tracking IDs.
If you are new to Google Analytics please check out this guide on setting up a new property as well as adding some recommended filters.
Adding your Google Analytics Property Tracking ID To iPaper
To find your Tracking ID:
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
When configuring your iPaper account, you can leverage the power of setting inheritance to specify you’re Analytics Tracking ID once for your entire account.
You can also add it on a single flipbook and all flipbooks under a folder.
If you only have a single Analytics Tracking ID, the easiest way to use it on your account is to specify the Analytics Tracking ID on the root of your account and let the code inherent down to all the flipbooks on your iPaper account.
- Right-click on your iPaper account name.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Integration tab.
- Click Google Analytics
- Paste your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
And that’s it, visits to your publications will now send data to your Google Analytics account.
What are we tracking in iPaper
If you enabled Google Analytics tracking, we'll send visitor data to your Google Analytics account. The following data will be sent:
- Load (User has seen Flipbook)
- Flipbook visits (Session)
- Page views
- External Link Click
- Popup Image Click
- Popup Image Gallery Click
- Popup Content Click
- Popup Frame Click
- Product Added to Basket
- Shop Checkout
- Video Play
- PDF Download
- Newsticker External Link Click
- Lead-Gen Popup Open
- Lead-Gen Popup Conversion
- Lead-gen Popup Conversion By Url Click
Note: Flipbook visits and visits to specific pages in your Flipbooks will be tracked as Page views on your Google Analytics Account, while the other actions will be tracked as Events.
Your iPaper events will automatically appear in your account inside an 'iPaper Event' category once you've added your Google Analytics Tracking ID to iPaper.
For an exact description and a technical run down of the iPaper events tracked via Google Analytics, have a look at the article below:
We hope you found this helpful :D