While a PDF is a great way of offering your catalog online, it is usually a very flat and unengaging experience. At the same time it is outdated the moment a visitor downloads it from your website - you have no way of updating the content in it.
Enter iPaper and flipbooks!
A flipbook allows for an enriched, interactive and engaging catalog experience that you can keep centrally updated for everyone visiting.
At the same time it works across all devices and browsers - no installs or plugins required. There is even preloading technology in place, to ensure it loads fast for everyone regardless of where they are and how many pages are in it.
How does it work?
When you upload a PDF to iPaper, several things happen which ultimately result in an online flipbook.
- All selectable text is extracted from the PDF (Only selectable text can be extracted. E.g. text on images will not be extracted)
- Text is indexed (so it can be found in search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing)
- Text position is registered with coordinates (so we can highlight text results within the flipbook)
- PDF Pages are extracted and saved as high resolution images
- Page images are displayed via advanced code in a web browser.
Your flipbook is ready for use.
Now you can add enrichments and create an engaging experience for your visitors!
If you want to learn more, click one of the articles below: