This guide will explain the process of creating a hidden layer in InDesign containing your Product IDs (Item numbers) which can be used for Custom Link Import mapping.
- Create a new layer, which will only be used for Product IDs - this layer needs to have the exact same name on all pages in the catalog
- Place the Product ID text where you would like the icon/link placed
- Hide the layer in InDesign
- Once you have completed this task for all Product ID's on all pages, you are ready to export your PDF
- The following settings are extremely important, as our system will not be able to read the content of the hidden layer, if not exported correctly
- Compatibility must be at least Acrobat 6+
- Create Acrobat layers must be turned on
- Export Layers: Visible & Printable Layers
- See settings in the image below:
Your PDF is now ready to be processed and your Enrichment Automation will be able to read the hidden layer and place links on top of the Product IDs.